What you can do when you see a tree being cut
Any tree that is going to be cut needs to have a notice posted on it. Look out for such notices or then paint marks on trees like numbers, crosses etc.
If you think felling the tree is unnecessary(within the period of making objections)or illegal then here is what you should do
- If permission has been given, ask for the reasons. If you feel they are not justified, complain
- There is a building rule to save/plant trees for plots under construction having area 2000 sqm and above. See if this applies to a construction site near you.
- If there is no permission, get the work stopped immediately. In most cases the whole tree gets cut, while permission is only for cutting a few branches.
In other cases when the tree has to be cut and…..
- If the tree is to be transplanted or replanted, then make sure that it gets transplanted, and more so within the same area.
- If more trees are to be planted in its place, make sure that new plantation gets done within the same area.